Care for Your Children - EPSDT
AmeriHealth Caritas Northeast covers pediatric preventive care for members younger than 21 years old. This special health care program is called Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment (EPSDT). EPSDT was created to make sure that children get the medical check-ups, tests, and immunizations (shots) they need. This will help prevent early childhood diseases and illnesses and allow you to learn more about them.
To sign up for Care for Your Children, log in to the member portal and go to enroll in a special program to get started.
What EPSDT services does my child's PCP offer?
- Well child visits with a complete physical exam
- Immunizations (shots)
- Laboratory tests, including blood and urine
- Vision and hearing tests
- Dental screenings and referrals
- TB testing
- Health education
- Full health and developmental history
- Blood-lead level tests
- Development and nutritional checks
- Referrals to a specialist, when medically needed
To keep your children healthy, make sure you schedule regular EPSDT screenings with your child's primary care practitioner (PCP).
Who do I call if I have questions about the EPSDT program?
If you have questions or want to find out more about this program, you can call 1-877-693-8481. Ask for an EPSDT care connector, who can:
- Help you understand the EPSDT program
- Answer your questions
- Remind you to schedule EPSDT screens
- Help you make an appointment
- Work with your child's PCP
- Assist you in setting up transportation
If you need to find an AmeriHealth Caritas Northeast doctor, please go to Find a provider. You can also call us at 1-855-809-9200.